Living in Twilight
I'm feeling a little off today and I suspect it has to do with my obsession with the Twilight series. I've re-read the first three books in the last two weeks and am now starting on the fourth. You probably think this is pathetic and immature. I agree but I am so stuck in this fantasy right now that I feel as if I am only drifting through life. Waiting for something. For someone who doesn't even exist. How nice if we can simply step into a fantasy world and play our favourite characters.Maybe I'm just being naive and unrealistic. I should stop feeding my mind with romantic notions, eternal love and everlasting commitment crap from novels. It's not that I am unhappy with my life. I am immensely happy 99 percent of the time and I am happier than 99 percent of the people I know. Sometimes I wonder though if I will ever find a life partner. I also wonder if it is really that important. Isn't it possible to still be happy even if you never ever find the one? So what if you grow old alone? Alone doesn't mean lonely. Some people actually like being alone.
I meet so many people who are in unhappy/humdrum relationships. They do not love their partners but feel that he/she will make a good husband/wife. Or they love their partner so much that they will stay with them even though they are being ill-treated. Why do people make such choices? Isn't it better to be alone and happy than to have someone but feel miserable? Is it possible to be with someone you do not love and be happy? Wouldn't you always wonder if a better life awaited just around the corner? Is that fair to your partner?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home