Monday, October 02, 2006

My 1st day off in a month!

Celebrated my first day off (in about a month) today by splurging!

Went to Bugis after church and ate at a Vietnamese place along Liang Seah Street with my mom. After that, she went for dialect ministry and i went shopping :o)

Was hunting for a skirt and I tried on about a dozen at different shops but didn't find anything i like in the end. I did find lots of other things though...

Bought 2 bags - One as a birthday gift for a friend ($20) and the other, an electric blue balenciaga lookalike (i've been wanting to buy one for ages) for myself ($35).

Actually I was initially looking out for (I went out today with the intention of buying one) the dark brown one (with base) that keeps appearing in magazines but I couldn't find it. Anyway, the one I got is pretty snazzy too.

Bought a cross pendant ($30) for my baby - i love buying things for him! I think it's coz Gift Giving is one of my primary love languages (more about this next time).

Tried the wasabi ice-cream ($3.50) - weird in a nice way.

Paid for Bangkok trip in November - $718 (we booked yesterday at the Natas fair at Expo for a party of six - Des, Me and 4 of his friends)

Bought groceries ($20) and then took a cab home. I was tired, running a bit late and carrying a lot of things but still, no excuse. In the past, i would have just hit the subway. I took the cab home like 4 nights in a row last week too. Sigh... the thought of having to wait a good half hour and then spend another hour on the bus (maybe standing) is simply too daunting.

I've gone off my $10 daily budget for over a week now :o(

Been spending a lot of money and taking cabs way too frequently. Spent so much today. Sigh...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My baby came over at 6:30pm (after his church meeting) cos he needed some help with sending an email. I cooked (that's what the groceries were for) chicken and brocolli pasta with cream sauce (my staple when I was in Uni). I'm not a good cook but you can't really go wrong with pasta sauce. Anyway, my cooking is usually edible.

We went to IMM after that to change my fossil watch batteries and check out the new extension - Gasp! There's an Esprit Factory Outlet store there. Too many things to look and not enough time. I got a wallet and 2 knickers for about $20 - so cheap! Must go back again soon... Also went to Daiso to get a toiletries basket for use at the gym and a clothes net to use with the washing machine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Music Codes - MySpace Layouts